Software "hate list"
- Most of. Reinventing the wheel is not a good idea even in software development. Hard to tinker with when necessary.
- CVS. Accumulated lots of "fixes" which break any assumptions about interface. Can be reliable manipulated only by cvs(1). Brain-damaged design of hooks. Lack of changesets. CVSNT.
- Eclipse. Resource hog.
- Emacs. Lacks controlled cross-module code/data protection. Elisp is ugly: Lisp-2 and existing code does not use newly-introduced lexical scopes.
- Firefox. Keyboard focus is buggy and unfixable. Lack of consistent user interface.
- Git. Horrible user interface.
- Moodle. Horrible internals.
- OTRS. Horrible internals.
- Perl. Too much marketing for horrible language.
- Python. Lacks marketing.
- Rails. Too much hype.